How To Bucket Test Your Pool For Leaks
In order to perform a this test you will need the following household items: (1) bucket (2) brick or stone (3) tape or pencil
Step 1: Put a brick or stone into the bucket then place it on the first or second step of the pool.
Step 2: Fill the bucket with water up to the same level of the water in the pool and mark the water levels using the tape or pencil on the bucket and on the pool.
Step 3: Wait 24 hours and check to see if the pool's water level has dropped lower than the bucket's. If it has, you have a leak in your pool. If the levels are equal, your pool is not leaking.
7 Signs That Show Your Pool May be Leaking
- You are losing more water than usual (anything more than 1/4 inch a day)
- You have to add water to your pool more than once a week
- Your pool deck or interlock is lifting or sinking
- There are soggy spots around your pool or pool equipment
- There is sand or dirt coming out of your returns or drain
- There is air in your plumbing system
- There is no water in your pool ;)
If You Have Discovered That Your Pool Is Leaking Call AQUA~PATCH Now 613-899-8825
Schedule a Free Estimate
We Save You Water, Time & Money
Give Us a Call 613-899-8825
Hours of Operation
Monday 8am - 8pm